Sunday, September 6, 2009

Catching up...recipe pages galore!!!

~ Welcome back to my blog!! I know it's been awhile. This summer has been a strange one for me. I have spent much less time in my scrapbook room than usual...no good, I know!!!!

I have managed to get a few projects completed in the past 2+ months, so this and my next few posts will be catch up posts! The following are recipe pages I've created, mostly for my monthly Iron Chef recipe swap...which I look forward to without fail!


Pineapple Sunrise Smoothies: This layout used a fun new stamp, my SU! markers, some fun multi-colored fiber, various Prima flowers and coordinating brads, and a fun foot clippie! These were a blast to create!!


White-On-White Cupcakes: This is the most recent layout I created, and it was quite a challenge. Due to the nature of the recipe, I wanted to use only whites as much as possible. Of course, white font would not have shown up, so I had to use a little gray. I also used my Cuttlebug embosser to add some texture, some sheer white ribbon, and a tag with a stamped cupcake accented with white and silver ink.


Thyme Chicken & Mushrooms: This slow cooker recipe page followed a sketch and a few challenges. I had to use this colorful ribbon, which I placed behind the bottom, right flower. I also had to use the pink & brown polka-dot sticker as inspiration. All of the flowers I used on this page were made using punches.


Creamy Spinach Ravioli: This layout was a blast to create. I wanted to use the orange flowers and decided to explore the complimentary colors of blue and orange. I was quite pleased with the way the designs and colors fit together. This is a yummy recipe, too!!



Original Ranch Pork Chops: This simple page was inspired by the colors in the ribbon. I also had the big die cut and foam flowers that I wanted to use up. Colorful fonts and mats, a border punch, and some adhesive jewels finish it off.


Lemon Orange Frosty: This page was inspired by the fun lemony ribbon I had. I used a foam lemon stamp, yellow ink, orange accent marker, various flowers & brads. Simple pages, and I love the way the blue pops off the page!


Cheesy Chili Soup: My challenge for these pages was to use greens only. I had fun with the monochromatic challenge, using ribbon, confetti shamrocks, a border stamp, some green fiber, and big silk flowers.


Broccoli Whole Wheat Mac N Cheese: This page followed a sketch challenge, as well. The heart in oval was cut with my Klic-N-Kut, using a pattern from Carrie's Creations' Valentine Oval file. I also used up some heart stickers, scraps of various colors, and even pulled my circle cutter out for this one!!

Happy September,
Jessica in Kansas

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course you already know that I love these pages. Your recipe cards are all fantastic. I love the Iron Chef recipe swap and I always love the challenges you give us!
Beautiful work as always!

Jessie said...

What a lovely collection of recipe cards and all the recipes sound so good!