Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Congrats to all Grads!!

~ It's so hard to believe, but my first classroom of kiddos are graduating this spring. One special (not so little anymore) guy made the point to invite me to his ceremony this past weekend, so I needed a masculine card to take with me. Here's what I came up with:


For this card, I used a card sketch from Sketches! {by Tamara}. The pre-cut card base is from JoAnn Crafts. The patterned papers are Earthy Milestones from Creative Memories, and I added a little texture to them using the Cuttlebug and some sanding. The chipboard on which the sentiment was placed is by Heidi Grace; I just used Tim Holtz Tea Dye distressing ink to make it match better. The stickers, metal "graduate" embellishment, and ribbon are from unknown sources. All in all, I'm pleased with this masculine effort...one that usually creates a challenge for me!

Happy graduation,
Jessica in Kansas

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Love the card! It turned out fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches! {by tamara} and using one of my sketches!

{tamara}

Anonymous said...

what a perfect card. I love every inch of it! I was eyeing all of those new tim holtz folders... sigh''' maybe one day. Love your card!!