Sunday, October 2, 2011

It has been awhile!!

I'm welcoming myself back, as I see it's been over a year since I've found time to blog!! Here's why: in May of 2010, we unexpectedly gained two foster kiddos...family members who needed a loving and stable home. The oldest was a boy, who is now 14 years old; the girl is now 11. Unfortunately, she's the only one who managed to function well in our home, but she's still thriving! We are in the process of adopting her. Needless to say, the past year has been one of challenges and triumphs, and my hubby and I learned to be parents...on two older children with many struggles. Three of us survived it, though!

Other news: after years of trying to conceive, we learned that we're expecting our first child!!! Our little guy is due to be born around February 6th! We couldn't be more excited or feel more blessed! The first 4 months of pregnancy were rough, but I'm feeling good now.

I've done a little scrapping over the past year, but not nearly enough!! I did accomplish several projects this weekend, though, so I'll plan to post a few this week. As I looked back at my previous blog posts, I was amazed at how my style has evolved over the past year!!

I hope this message finds you all doing well. Here's to jumping back on the blog-wagon!!

~ Jessica in Kansas

No comments: