Monday, September 22, 2008

Cherish Forever wedding gift set

~ I'm having a blast creating these box-bottom gift bags as part of gift sets. We attended a wedding this weekend, which called for a handmade card, gift card holder, and bag to put it all in! How perfectly beautiful did this set turn out?!I had lots of inspiration for this set! First, the cutting files for the box-bottom gift bag was designed by Sam & Hailey Designs. It cuts and assembles like a dream, and it's cuter than ever...I'm hooked!!! The front of the bag was inspired by last week's sketch on the 2 Sketches 4 You blog. Instead of applying it to a card, I thought it would fit perfectly on the front of the bag. The sketch is below...see what you think! The card layout was based on the Our Creative Corner card sketch posted on Sept. 13th. I followed it pretty closely. The pillow box was one I had purchased a while back. The band wrapped around it was crimped with one of my favorite tools that I always forget to use. My SB Anon challenge for last week was to pull that tool out and apply it to a project! It was perfect for this! I attached the tag with a brown safety pin. This set also followed last week's recipe challenge on Sketches! {by tamara}'s blog, which called for the use of brads, scalloped edges, and a monochromatic color scheme. If you haven't noticed, I'm LOVING INSPIRATION right now!!!

2 Sketches 4 You Sketch #9

All of the stamps I used were clear stamps by Studio G except for the tag stamp, which is SU! The brown cardstock is from SU!, and the patterned papers were created by ScrapWorks and Sunburn. Some of the flowers are Primas; others are silk. The ribbon is craft ribbon from Hobby Lobby.
I hope you find it to be inspirational,
Jessica in Kansas

No comments: