Wednesday, September 10, 2008

White Wine Cake - using House Mouse

~ This recipe page was created for a swap. I had three sources of inspiration:

1. The first was from a weekly challenge posted by an e-mail group, to which I belong {Scrabookers Anonymous}, which encouraged me to use punctuation on the page somewhere besides the text/journaling.

2. I also accepted Challenge #4 - On a Budget on the House Mouse Monday Challenge blog, which required me to not only use a House Mouse & Friends stamp, but also to make a card/layout for under $2 in cost...excluding the price of ink, stamps, punches, and other tools that I already owned. A breakdown of the cost for this project is included in the recipe below.

3. My personal challenge to use the paint chips I've been collecting.

Recipe:


  • Cardstock - light green and shimmer purple, source unknown ($.75)

  • Ink - SU! Classic Black

  • Markers - SU! Always Artichoke, Blush Blossom, Elegant Eggplant

  • Colored pencil - purple, source unknown

  • Stamp - House Mouse & Friends

  • Fonts - CK Vogue & CK Man's Print

  • Punches - SU! 1 1/4" & 3/4" circles, decorative corner punch source unknown

  • Paint chips - Home Depot ($.00)

  • Brads - Making Memories ($.25)

  • Flowers - Michael's clearance stem ($.50 for a handful of them)

  • Brackets - designed and cut on my Klic-N-Kut

Grand total of project: ($1.50)...and that's being generous

This was a fun project...I hope you enjoy it!!

Hugs to you,

Jessica in Kansas

3 comments:

Anna said...

Your scrapbook pages are beautiful.

Emma said...

great card and thanks for joining in with HM&F. x

Lori Barnett said...

What a great idea! How cool about using paint chips :)