Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Color My World...

~ I participate in a monthly Designer Page Kit swap, and this month, I appropriately chose fall as the theme. I design a 6X6 2-page layout, and send all of the finished pieces packaged together with a picture of my finished layout. The hostess then sorts them out, and I receive 6 different page kits in return each month. It's so much fun!! Here is what I came up with for September (sorry it's crooked...I'm still not good at all of this editing stuff): I was happy with the end product, complete with a title, embellishments, a photo mount, and a space designated for journaling. I used some cutting files for the title and leaves. Jan Bryson of Sam & Hailey Designs created the large leaf (Autumn Leaves file...which you can currenty find for FREE at the Paperthreads online store) and the scalloped photo mat, which was actually intended to be a page in an adorable scalloped mini album (Scalloped Mini Albums file). The title and small leaves were designed by KreationsbyKatie (Color My World file).

The layout was adapted from this week's Layout Sketch #62 on Sketches! {by Tamara}'s blog. The supplies I used were also inspired by Tamara. This week's recipe challenge #15 called for the use of scalloped edges, brads, and a monochromatic color scheme...thus the brown tones! Great inspiration!!! I hope the ladies in my swap appreciate it!

We're having lots of wonderful sunshine today, but it sure felt like fall last weekend!
Hugs to you,
Jessica in Kansas

No comments: