Sunday, September 14, 2008

Friends leave footprints...

~ Here is a card I completed this weekend:I used the red, white, and blue color challenges (appropriate for the week of 9/11) from both my Scrapbookers Anonymous group and the Color Throwdown #10 challenge. The layout was inspired by Card Sketch #61 from Sketches! {by tamara}. I just found out that my favorite Aunt Carol's father passed away this weekend, so I made this card with her in mind.

Recipe:
  • cardstock: The Paper Studio
  • patterned paper: Ivy Cottage
  • stamps: the quote is by Heidi Grace Designs; all others Clear Stamps by StudioG
  • ink: cherry red and white pigment ink - both Stampabilities
  • punches: scallop circle, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circles - all SU!
  • other supplies: ribbon (unknown source), acrylic stamping blocks, adhesive

~ "Stop, drop, and worship"...when life throws more at you than you know how to handle. This was the message at church today, and I felt compelled to share!

Hugs to you,

Jessica in Kansas

4 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

what a beautiful card..love the blue and red colour combo
Love
kath
xxx

Kathryn said...

Such a gorgeous card -- so very pretty! :)

LeAnne said...

Very nice card--I love the layout and am glad you were able to use our challenge colors, even if it is for a sad occasion. The sentiment is lovely. Thanks for playing & come back again!
LeAnne

Kisa Peters said...

You are right! Light blue is beautiful with this color challenge! Great card!