Sunday, September 7, 2008

Inspired Baby Card...

~ If you ask me where I get my creative inspiration, you better be prepared for a long answer!! It comes from sources galore!! Sometimes it's a magazine article, sometimes from a link sent through one of the Yahoo groups to which I belong, sometimes it's a colorful napkin, and sometimes, it's just the stuff I have lying around! Recently, however, I've been inspired by challenges posted by others on their blogs, swapping sites, etc.

~ For this project, I was inspired by the sketch challenge #28 on Papertake Weekly, a new & exciting blog I just discovered. I've also been seeing great projects using paint chips, so I challenged myself to add one to this project. In addition, I used my Klic-N-Kut and wonderful cutting files designed by Jan Bryson of Sam & Hailey Designs. Don't you just love the adorable whale, ribbon buckle, and scalloped mats?! I am excited about how this baby card and matching envie turned out...and about my new source of creative inspiration!!!

Recipe:

Cardstock - SU! Taken with Teal, The Paper Company White

Patterned papers - DCWV paper stack

Paint chip: WalMart

Stickles: Turquoise

KNK cutting files: Sam & Hailey Designs - whale (Baby Animal Sihlouettes) & buckle/mats (Itty Bitty Fixtures Collection)

Stamp: Clear Stamps by Studio G

Ink: SU! Taken with Teal

Ribbon: Michael's Craft Stores

Other supplies: adhesive & dimensionals, SU! 1 1/4" circle punch, envelope (source unknown), sponge, acrylic stamping block, Fiskars 1/16" circle punch

Hugs to you,

Jessica in Kansas

1 comment:

Mrs Mayne said...

Aww this is fab!! Love the paint chart on the side and the mosaic whale! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x