Friday, October 10, 2008

Fall ATCs

~ I've never really got into the ATC (artist trading card) craze, but I did join an Off the Page Challenge posted in the forum at Paperthreads.com last month, which was hosted by Jan Bryson of Sam & Hailey Designs. She provided us with a variety of cutting files that were ATC size (the finished size of an ATC is supposed to be 2 1/2" X 3 1/2"). We had to use at least one of these files on an ATC. I created a series of fall-themed trading cards. This is what I came up with. The card on the the right has a hinge which holds it closed. The top left one actually unfolds if you unwrap the ribbon from the brad. The one on the bottom is just as it appears.
Besides using cutting files, I put my stamps, ink, punches, and fiber to use. These aren't my favorite projects to complete, but I can't say I won't accept the challenge again!!! I like how they turned out...and they came together quickly!

This month's Off the Page Challenge at Paperthreads is to create an altered journal or address book. You need to have a cutting machine and use the file that is sent to you free of charge when you commit to the swap: Itty Bitty File Tabs by Sam & Hailey Designs (super cute). There are extra (optional) challenges you can accept this month, and prizes are awarded to selected participants. If you like a fun challenge...and you have a cutter of any type, I recommend you check it out!!
Feeling fall,
Jessica in Kansas

No comments: